If you need help to cancel an order or request a refund, we are deeply sorry to hear, here are all the details on how we can help you with your request. Please bear in mind that this is the refund policy for the online website ONLY. If you have purchased something in-store and need help, please see the link at the bottom of this page for more information.
Cancelling your order before dispatch
You may cancel your order shortly after it is placed, if the order has been dispatched then we are unable to stop this once it has left us. You will need to take delivery of the package and send this back to us.
If you are local in Hull and are using our delivery driver service then you will need to cancel the order as soon as possible using the site, or by calling us and we can make sure the driver does not deliver your items.
Refunds will be issued automatically for ‘cancelled before despatch’ orders. Please note: refund processing can take up to 10 working days.
Only orders that are classed as ‘cancelled before despatch’ are eligible for a delivery/postage/courier refund.
Changes to orders
We do not allow changes to delivery addresses, adding items or payment methods. If you need to do any of this, then please cancel the whole order before despatch and resubmit again.
If you are using the local click and collect service and wish to collect from a different store to the one chosen, please contact us to amend your order, such change can only be successful if items are in stock at the alternative store.
Unwanted orders or items
- Qualifying circumstances: If you have received an order and no longer want it or an item from the order, then we are happy to receive items back that have been unused and unopened. You must send these items back within 14 days of receiving your delivery. Items not covered by this refund policy are perishable items such as live, fresh or frozen food, products that have been ordered in especially for you (i.e. Back-orders or special requests) and items that are personalised, customised as per your request.
- Refund method: Refunds processed back as user account store credit / coupon code (instantly) or processed back to the users original payment card (up to 10 working days).
- How to initiate a refund for unwanted items:
- Step 1. Contact us in writing via our online refund request form. You can view your orders here. We do not cover any shipping costs for return items.
- Step 2. Once we have received your items, we will inspect the packaging and products ensuring they are in a resaleable condition.
- Step 3. Once all checks have been made, we will start to process your refund. The refund will be processed by our team.
Rejecting delivery: if items have been rejected on delivery, you will be charged the following rates. Royal Mail Packet £3.99, Royal Mail Parcel £4.99, Hermes Packet £5.99, Other Courier Parcel/consignment £13.99 (DPD, Hermes, etc).
- A fault on any items needs to be reported within 28 days of purchase to qualify for a replacement or refund from Town Gardens & City Pets. You can use our faulty or damaged items form to report them here.
- If a fault is reported after 28 days of purchase, then a repair or replacement can be offered depending on fault reported. In some instances, you may be required to contact the supplier or manufacturer directly, always consult the packaging and instructions, information documents provided. If in doubt, contact customer services and a member of our team can help you.
- Contacting or leaving reviews about faulty products before notifying us may not register in our fault log, using the correct contact avenue will ensure you receive a speedy response and service.
- Consumable items such as bulbs which do not come with a manufacturers guarantee are not eligible for refund or replacement after 28 days from purchase. Return of the bulb / perishable item is required.
- Please inspect your items very carefully once they have arrived. You must report all damaged goods within 48 hours of receiving them. Use our damaged item form to report this. On the form, customers can provide up to 5 pictures and separate information about the damage. Once we receive your form, we will contact you for a resolution. In some cases, we may need to request the item to be sent back, good quality photos will help us to process your refund or replacement without the item back in our possession. please keep in mind that some refunds will require the item returning and photos are not always suitable.
- In some instances, if the item is slightly damaged but still in full working order, we may offer partial refund or offer for return of the item for a full refund.
- If the item arrives with visible signs of damage, please still sign to accept the package, and take photos throughout the unboxing. In most cases, the courier may have taken their own photo as Proof of Delivery, this could also be used if you are able to obtain a copy.
- Damaged items should NOT be disposed of before a claim has been closed unless you have been told in writing to do so by our customer service team.
Please note: that courier/postal compensations for claims relating to late, lost, damaged or defective items are excluded from any claims and will not be offered to the customer due to our own compensation to customers direct.
Claim Processing times
- Depending on how long the item takes to reach our location, the refund or replacement issue process usually takes around 2-4 working days from the day we receive it. If the item has come back to us for a repair, this may take longer but you will be kept informed.
- Please use a tracked service for your return of items. We cannot be responsible for any lost or damaged packages that have not been arranged by ourselves.
- The moment your returned item has been booked in and accepted the refund will be processed using the original payment method, the processing time for card refunds is usually 3-5 working days, please allow up-to 10 working days before contacting us. Alternatively, in some cases, we can provide a refund code to use the balance at the checkout which is instantly issued to your customer account.
If you need further help. Please contact us via our contact us.
If you have purchased something at our Hull store and need help please to go In-store Customer Services