Original Rabbit Mix Food Bag 1.5kg
A complementary feed for rabbits. This mix is a palatable complementary diet plan to help maintain the rabbit’s health and fitness by contributing some vitamins, minerals and composite nutrients including protein and fibre.
Split bag: what does this mean?
A Split bag is when we have bagged this product ourselves in the shop. We do this to ensure prices are kept low for our customers while offering more choice of foods.
Pellets (Wheat/Wheatfeed, Grass Meal, Oatfeed, Nutritionally Improved Straw, Distillers, Rapeseed Meal, Palm Kernel, Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Di-calcium Phosphate, Salt, Vitamin Premix), Wheat Flaked Peas, Extruded Biscuit (coloured with EC additives E102, E110 & E131), Oats, Flaked Maize, Locust Beans, Grass Pellets.
|Vitamin A||10000 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin D||2000 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)||40 i.u./Kg|
Vitamins present until Best Before date shown on bag.
Feeding and Care Guides
- Rabbit food should be made available each morning.
- A rabbit has a very special digestive system, which requires a balanced diet and plenty of exercise, which in turn prevents obesity.
- Fresh greens, vegetables and fruits such as carrots, apples and dandelion greens must be well washed prior to offering them. Never offer food direct from the refrigerator.
- A daily amount of good clean hay is essential in aiding the rabbit’s digestion.
- Clean drinking water should always be available, either using a water bowl or more hygienically a water bottle. Water should ideally be changed twice a day.
- A good quality earthenware food bowl is essential to keep the food clean and dry. Plastic bowls should be avoided as rabbits can chew or knock them over.
- It is very important to remember that when introducing a new diet to your rabbit it is essential to gradually change their diet over a set period. It is recommended that a rabbit’s diet should be changed over a period of 10 days. A sudden change in diet can lead to a loss in appetite due to their sensitive digestive systems.
- Wear gloves and wash your hands after handling products.
- Not for human consumption.
- May contain nuts.