Original Guinea Pig Nuggets Food Bag 1kg
Guinea pig nuggets is a delicious food with fun colours and shapes. Each nugget contains fibre, vitamins and minerals to help maintain a healthy pet and prevent selective feeding.
Split bag: what does this mean?
A Split bag is when we have bagged this product ourselves in the shop. We do this to ensure prices are kept low for our customers while offering more choice of foods.
Wheat, Wheatfeed, Soya Hulls, Oatfeed, Lucerne, Molasses, Soya Oil, Salt, Mint, Limestone, Dicalcium Phosphate.
|Vitamin A (retinyl acetate)||25000 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||2000 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid monophosphate)||2000 mg/Kg|
|Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol acetate)||75 mg/Kg|
|Copper (Sulphate Pentahydrate)||28 mg/Kg|
|Calcium Iodate Anhydrous||2.45 mg/Kg|
|Sodium Selenite||2.22 mg/Kg|
|Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate||133 mg/Kg|
|Manganous Oxide||16.1 mg/Kg|
|Zinc Oxide||135 mg/Kg|
Vitamins present until Best Before date shown on bag.
Tocopherol Rich Extracts of Natural Origin (E306) 100 mg/kg. Contains EC permitted colourants.
Feeding and Care Guides
- Guinea pigs have a very special physiology which requires the right diet in order to maintain good dental and digestive health.
- The most important part of their diet is hay and grass. Lots of good quality, clean hay should always be available for them to graze on.
- Hay should be supplemented by guinea pig nuggets to provide additional fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- Guinea pig nuggets should be available each morning in a good quality earthenware bowl. Plastic bowls should be avoided.
- Fresh greens, vegetables and fruits can be fed in small amounts on a daily basis, although some can be poisonous to these pets so take care to find out a foods safety before feeding.
- Clean drinking water should always be available and should be changed ideally twice a day.
- As guinea pigs have very sensitive digestive systems introduce guinea pig nuggets gradually over a 30 day period. A sudden change in diet can be dangerous for these pets.
- Wear gloves and wash your hands after handling products.
- Not for human consumption.
- This product has been produced in a factory where nuts are used.