Original Guinea Pig Mix Food Bag 1.5kg
A complementary food suitable for guinea pigs.
A complimentary food specially formulated to provide essential ingredients for a balanced and healthy diet of fibre, protein, oil, vitamins and minerals.
Split bag: what does this mean?
A Split bag is when we have bagged this product ourselves in the shop. We do this to ensure prices are kept low for our customers while offering more choice of foods.
Pellets (Wheat/Wheatfeed, Grass Meal, Oatfeed, Nutritionally Improved Straw, Distillers, Rapeseed Meal, Palm Kernel, Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Di-calcium Phosphate, Salt, Vitamin Premix), Extruded Biscuit (coloured with EC additives E102, E110 & E131), Flaked Peas, Flaked Beans, Flaked Maize, Oats, Locust Beans, Sunflower Seed.
|Vitamin A||10000 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin D3||2000 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)||40 i.u./Kg|
|Vitamin C||48 mg/Kg|
Vitamins present until Best Before date shown on bag.
Feeding and Care Guides
- Guinea pig food should be made available each morning. The average guinea pig will need between 30-50g of mix per day.
- Fresh greens, vegetables and fruits such as apples, chickweed, cauliflower leaves, broccoli and dandelion greens must be well washed prior to offering them. Never offer food direct from the refrigerator.
- A daily amount of good clean hay is essential in aiding the guinea pig’s digestion.
- Clean drinking water should always be available, either using a water bowl or more hygienically a water bottle. Water should ideally be changed twice a day.
- A good quality earthenware food bowl is essential to keep the food clean and dry. Plastic bowls should be avoided as guinea pigs can chew or knock them over.
- When introducing a new diet to your guinea pig it is essential to gradually change their diet over a set period. It is recommended that a guinea pig’s diet should be changed over a period of 30 days. A sudden change in diet can lead to a loss in appetite due to their sensitive digestive systems.
- Wear gloves and wash your hands after handling products.
- Not for human consumption.
- Contains nuts.